Acne: Which Habits You Should Abandon to Get Rid of Rash
Acne is not only a teenage problem. It appears at all ages and in both genders. However, it most often takes place after the normalization of the hormonal background in adolescences- after in which typically the rash disappears forever. But in the case that this didn’t happen or acne suddenly appeared in adulthood, you need to look for the cause of the problem and ways to get rid of it.
Causes of acne in adults:
- Constant stress
- Poor-quality skin care and the use of inappropriate cosmetic products
- Hormonal surges due to pregnancy, menopause, etc.
- Environmental pollution
- Improper nutrition
- Chronic diseases or the intake of certain medications
Treatment of rashes are carried out in a complex manner. It’s necessary to review your nutrition. Then, you should undergo an examination to exclude hormonal disorders. Plus, you should select particular cosmetics that which eliminate acne. But that’s not enough! There are habits that you need to get rid of in order to make the rash disappear.
Which habits you should abandon to stop having pimples:
- Using dirty towels. It’s advisable to wash your face towel once every 3 days. If you keep using it for a week or more, pathogens can accumulate in it.
- Squeezing out blackheads. It’s hard to resist getting rid of a ripe pimple that directly “looks” at you when you look in the mirror. Just remember that if you squeeze out pimples, the inflammatory process intensifies and the infection of other skin areas will occur.
- Consumption of sweets or flour products as well as fatty foods or meals with a lot of spices. Sugar, pastries and chocolates are taboo in the presence of acne. Not to mention, spices and fatty meals should be kept to a minimum.
- Overuse of decorative cosmetics. The skin needs to be cleansed in the morning and evening. Foundation cream and blush clog pores and prevent the skin from breathing, which leads to the formation of a rash.
- Touching your face during the day. It’s a bad habit to touch the face with unwashed hands, picking away at dried scabs with your nails or cleaning off flaky skin. Due to this, the infection tends to spread all over your face.
- Constant experiments with the selection of care products to combat acne. The shelves of pharmacies and shops are full of different kinds of cosmetic preparations — but you shouldn’t try them all at once. It’s necessary to select cosmetics by taking into account your age and skin type. To understand whether the product suits you best, you should keep using it for at least 2 weeks.
For some who are trying to get rid of acne, you can study folk recipes by applying masks – containing of vegetables and fruits- to your face as well as adding essential oils or creams. It’s important to keep in mind that with acne rashes, you should avoid using vegetable oils and alcohol-based products.