Blow-Drying Your Hair: Which Mistakes Can Harm Your Curls
It’s recommended you should dry your hair naturally — that is, avoid doing anything with it and wait for it to dry. But in this case, you would fail to do the perfect styling or get ready for work quickly. Sometimes, it’s can be so cold in your apartment that sitting there with a wet head might become dangerous for your health. If you urgently need to dry your hair with a hairdryer, then, you’d better avoid the mistakes during this process that may negatively affect the condition of your locks.
Mistakes to avoid when drying your hair with a hairdryer:
- Forget to apply a thermal protective agent. The temperature of the airflow is high, which leads to drying out the villi and making them fragile. Thermoprotective cosmetics prevent locks from overheating, forming a kind of film around them. Plus, they prevent moisture from evaporating and help you fix the hairstyle.
- Use the hottest mode. There are several modes on any device. One of them is so hot that it’s impossible to bring a hairdryer close to the skin. When you direct the hot stream at your locks, you hardly feel the heat but it damages your hair nevertheless.
- Keep the hairdryer in the same position for a long time and/or bring it close to your locks. Otherwise, some strands will dry out and the structure of the villi will get damaged.
- Blow–drying your hair immediately after washing is a common mistake. If you do washing and styling in the morning when you’re preparing to leave for work, then, you lack time to wait until the excess moisture evaporates. In this case, it’s better to do your hair in the evening before going to bed and finish styling it in the morning. Before drying your hair, you should soak your head with a thick towel, which will absorb water, and then, wait at least 10-15 minutes.
- Don’t dry your hair in the bathroom, where the humidity is high. Firstly, this task will take you more time. Secondly, the quality of styling will be substandard and you will fail to fix it properly.
- It’s a mistake to pull the curls when they are still saturated with water. This has a detrimental effect on their structure as well. Start with drying your head. Besides, you shouldn’t leave the strands dried only partially.
- Don’t forget about the last stage – blowing the hair with a stream of cool air, which allows you to make the villi smooth and thoroughly fix the styling.
Even though it’s harmful to dry your hair with a hairdryer, sometimes, it’s simply impossible to do without this useful device. If you avoid making mistakes in the process, your hair will remain thick and healthy and won’t lose its natural shine.