Consequences of Overeating: How to Help Your Body Cope with Excessive Load
No celebration is complete without an incredible feast accompanied by both drinking alcoholic beverages and by consuming generously sized meals. Salads abundantly seasoned with mayonnaise as well as salted, fried or smoked products are digested without any problems when consumed in small quantities. If, during the evening, you eat an array of different types of snacks or meals, your stomach will probably “rebel” within a few hours. In the best case, everything will end with just flatulence. However, your state of health may deteriorate sharply. Heaviness and nausea might appear. In such a state, it’s impossible to go to bed. So, the first thing you need to do is help out your body.
How to relieve your condition after overeating:
- Take a walk in the evening if it’s not too hot in the street. Fresh cool air and moderate physical activity will help your body cope with an excess of heavy food. You should walk slowly for an hour, and stay away from highways because the air near them is most likely not very clean. The best option is to take a stroll in a park or a patch of forest.
- Buy a pack of tasty chewing gum and keep chewing it actively for half an hour. During this process, saliva and enzymes are released that accelerate the digestion of food. This option is suitable if your condition is not critical. Gradually, the food that you ate will begin being digested, the heaviness will go away and your well-being will improve.
- Make your stomach’s life easier by drinking acidified water. You may squeeze half of a fresh lemon into a glass of water. If you don’t have a lemon, pour 1 tsp of grape or apple vinegar into a glass. To improve the taste of the drink, it won’t hurt to add some honey to it.
- Drink a tablet which contains digestive enzymes. There are many such products located at pharmacies. Thanks to this miracle drug, you can easily overcome overeating. But you can’t abuse such substances — otherwise, your body will stop producing the necessary enzymes on its own.
- Eat something salty or sour to make sure your stomach works more adequately. A pickle, a few slices of lemon or half a grapefruit are suitable for this application. The main thing is that the product shouldn’t be high in fats or fried.
- Drink a cup of strong natural coffee. After coffee, the functioning of your digestive tract will return to normal. It will begin to digest food faster so you’ll be able to forget about overeating soon enough. Keep in mind, coffee will help you remove excess fluid from your body as it has a diuretic effect.
- Eat light yogurt or drink a glass of low-fat kefir. Fermented dairy products help the body to digest heavy food. To avoid suffering from heaviness in the stomach after the next event, it will make sense to move around more or dance. Before going to bed, make sure your home is well-ventilated — especially so the air in your bedroom is fresh and cool.