Drooping Eyelids: How to Get Rid of This Flaw at Home
When the upper eyelid is lowered over time and if it is partially covering the eye it looks unaesthetically pleasing. Both men and women face this issue. Sometimes, this feature is innate — but more often it’s acquired. A person with drooping eyelids looks older than their said age. Your eyes get tired of constant tension because they have to open even wider just to see normally. And let’s be honest, high-quality makeup doesn’t do the trick.
Why the eyelids hang over the eyes:
- The skin tone has decreased and the muscles have become inelastic
- Constant squinting due to poor eyesight
- Sudden weight loss
- Age-related changes have begun
- The skin has stretched
- Hernias have taken place
- Stress or constant lack of sleep
It’s easy to correct this cosmetic defect with the help of plastic surgery. However, not all those people suffering decide on surgical intervention. In mild cases, it’s possible to eliminate drooping eyelids at home. To do this, you need to be patient and devote a few minutes to the following procedures every day.
How to get rid of drooping eyelids:
- Exclude from the diet spicy and salty products that retain fluid in the body. Avoid drinking a lot of tea or water before going to sleep. Try to avoid eating before going to bed.
- Take breaks while working on your laptop. 1-2 hours before bedtime, avoid using your computer and smartphone in all, so as not to strain your eyes.
- Give yourself an eye massage for 10 minutes in the evenings. First, cleanse your face of cosmetics, dust and dirt. Apply oil to the skin and moisten your fingertips with it. Gently run your fingers under your eyebrows from the inner corner to the outer several times. Tap around the eyes and massage the lower part towards the outer corner and back to the inner portion. The last step is to close your eyes and press a little bit with your fingers a few times.
- Cool the cleansed skin with a preliminarily frozen decoction of chamomile 2 times per day. Wipe your skin with a piece of ice, paying attention to the eyebrows. If there is swelling, it will quickly disappear.
- Do exercises in the morning to remove drooping eyelids. Sit down comfortably and relax. Rotate your eyeballs in different directions, look in different directions and blink quickly for 20-30 seconds. Close your eyes with force and then, open them. Look into the distance for a few minutes — and then, look at the nearest point- don’t forget to fix your gaze. Press your closed eyelids with your fingers and try to open your eyes at the same time.
- Moisturize your skin regularly with a face cream. Apply cosmetic oil before going to sleep.
If you allocate time every day in the morning and evening to correct this flaw, the result should become noticeable after 2-3 weeks.