Effective Homemade Masks Against Wrinkles Around the Eyes
The first wrinkles typically appear in the area around the eyes, often referred to as “crow’s feet.” Initially, they may be barely noticeable to the naked eye. However, if you neglect to address the appearance of these folds and fail to combat them, they can quickly deepen. Cosmetics may start to accumulate within these folds, making it challenging to conceal them with makeup.
Causes of wrinkles around the eyes include:
- Inadequate skincare and the use of low-quality cosmetics.
- Failure to use sunscreens, leading to frequent sun exposure.
- Bad habits and the habit of squinting due to poor eyesight.
- Dehydration of the body.
- Rapid weight loss.
- Depression, frequent stress, and excessive emotionality.
By nature, the skin is elastic, bouncing back after muscle contractions during expressions like laughter. However, as we age, this ability to recover diminishes. Fine wrinkles may appear on the eyelids, under the eyes, and above them. Some individuals notice them after the age of 25, while others may see them after 40. Timely care can help smooth out these initial wrinkles and make them less visible.
Here are some homemade mask recipes to combat wrinkles around the eyes:
- Gently melt 1 tsp of honey in a water bath, mix it with an equal amount of flour, and apply the mixture to the problem area with a brush. Leave it on for half an hour.
- Boil 200 ml of water in a fireproof container, add 1 tbsp of starch, and heat it under a lid for 20 minutes. Once the mixture cools to body temperature, add 1 tsp of grated carrots along with the juice they release. Apply this to your cleaned skin for half an hour.
- Blend a bunch of fresh parsley and a raw egg yolk. Soak cotton sponges in the resulting mixture and place them on your eyelids for 15 minutes, or you can distribute the mixture directly onto your skin.
- Pour 30 ml of kefir into a glass and add a piece of white bread (with crust removed). Mash the bread with a fork once it becomes moist. Apply this mask to the wrinkles around your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Combine an egg white with 1 tsp of rye flour and add 0.5 tsp of aloe juice. Apply the mixture to your skin for 15-20 minutes.
- Grate a peeled potato finely and mix it with 1 tsp of fatty sour cream. Soak cotton pads in the mixture and place them around your eyes for 15 minutes.
- Mash a quarter of a ripe banana and add 0.5 tsp of olive oil. Apply this mask to the problem area for 10-20 minutes.
In addition to masks, massage and simple exercises can be effective against wrinkles around the eyes. It’s important to moisturize your skin twice a day with a high-quality cream, stay well-hydrated, maintain a healthy diet, and manage stress to help prevent and reduce wrinkles.