Great Legs: Exercises to Sculpt and Tone Your Legs
Strong and toned legs are highly sought after and ideal for every modern woman. But in the past, it wasn’t a thing ladies cared much about because society made women cover up most of their body. The ability to show off your bare legs, not covered by clothes, was something of a dream.
But nowadays, bare legs are not frowned upon as before, and showing them off is a right every person has. Most men agree with this societal norm and they do not mind enjoying the aesthetics of women’s legs. And back in the day, there was a cult-like following for long female legs, which all the girls tried to copy. Some were sarcastic and some were serious. But, both of them often used exercises that kept their legs in good shape.
Now, no one is chasing long legs and numbers show, on the contrary, that most ladies give priority to their natural beauty and health. Ones who don’t like how their legs look like always choose pants or long dresses to hide their imperfections. And if you’re not satisfied with your legs, too, you always can change it! All you need to do is exercise and adopt a special diet. Don’t think that you can avoid workouts just by starting to eat healthy diet foods. That’s not right and keep in mind that dieting only works when you exercise regularly.
Motivate yourself as much as possible to train regularly in order to make your dream come true. With these productive exercises, you can get your legs toned, strong and great:
- Lunges. Before doing lunges, make sure to get your dumbbells ready. You need to hold them in your hands while stepping forward with one leg and bending your knees until both of your legs are bent at a 90-degree angle. The knee and foot should be in line. Hold this pose for a couple of seconds and then get back to the previous position. Then,do it all with your second leg for about 20 times after that.
- Squats. Squats are considered to be the most effective exercise to make your legs stronger. Stand straight, raise your arms, stretching them in front of you at the level of your chest. Then squat down while keeping your back straight. We advise you to put a chair in front of you – it will work as a level to which you need to orient yourself. You need to squat to the level of the seat of the chair. Do 20 squats and then relax a bit.
- Goblet squats. This exercise will help strengthen your thigh muscles. Just place your feet shoulder-width apart with dumbbells in your hands. Lower the dumbbells to hip level. Begin to squat down until your back is straight and your thighs are parallel to the floor. It is important to achieve a feeling of springiness in the muscles. It is worth saying that this is not the easiest exercise for the legs, however, try to do it 30 times a day.
- Front foot elevated split squats. For this type of exercise, we recommend using a sports stick – a body bar – as a support. Or you can pick up dumbbells for balance. Place one foot on the block, and the other is set back. Then do squats a little springy.
- Leg swings. This one is the most popular leg exercises. You can use weight cuffs and a step or stair, although this is not necessary. Swings should be performed while standing,and remember to keep your hands on your lower back. First, raise one leg as high as possible and take it to the side, and then slowly lower it. Repeat up to 20 times for each leg. If you are standing on a step with your left foot and swinging with your right foot, or vice versa, then it is better to use some sort of a support.
It’s not the full list, so you can always do other exercises you find on the internet. Or use your fitness trainer’s help. If you want to achieve your result quickly, keep in mind that many women increase the load on their legs by using weighted cuffs that need to be worn over the ankles. Anyway, the main thing is to do exercises regularly. By the way, you won’t get a good result if you overtrain. Violation of systematic training and overtraining, caused by the desire to achieve a quick result, is fraught with all sorts of violations. This will affect not only the health of the legs but also their appearance. Keep in shape and the other muscle groups will achieve balance in beauty. Music training will give motivation and energy to perform exercises.
For a better result, add a hygienic massage along with your leg exercises. A massage is a perfect solution for great legs and good skin conditions. Do it 5-7 minutes a day with a hard brush, gently massaging the skin of the thighs, glutes, and calves. This will increase blood and lymph circulation, promote fat burning and prevent cellulite. It is important to do such a massage after the procedures, and then wipe the area with a moisturizer.
The female body is created to carry the fetus, which is reflected in the physiology. The center of gravity in women is lower than in men, hence the reason for the fullness of their hips and shortened lower limbs. Therefore, leg exercises will be especially useful for pregnant women. Strengthening the muscles of the legs and pelvis contributes to maintaining health.
Leg health can also be approached from a utilitarian point of view. With our legs, we can move around and enjoy a full life. That’s why exercises are always relevant, at any time and any age.