Hair Pomade: Why and How to Use This Product
The term “pomade” has been associated with decorative lip products for several decades. However, initially, this term referred to a medicinal ointment made from animal fats and apples. About a century ago, pomade was a hair styling product that provided stability to hairstyles and added a shiny finish to curls. Later, wax, gel, and foam replaced this popular cosmetic, causing it to be largely forgotten.
Types of hair pomades available for sale include:
- Water-based: This type is not very resistant and forms an additional layer on hair surfaces. It’s easily washable.
- Solid: This cosmetic product is based on vaseline or wax, and it’s easy to apply.
- Liquid-based on brilliantine: The main component of this type is mineral oil. It nourishes the hair with useful substances, providing a healthy shine.
This unique product allows you to style short hair and medium-length curls within seconds. It offers varying degrees of fixation and can provide a matte or shiny finish.
Reasons to consider using hair pomade:
- Achieve smooth and manageable hair.
- Fix your hairstyle while keeping curls flexible.
- Quickly achieve a natural look.
- Add shine to your curls as needed.
- Enhance the condition of your hair.
After applying the styling, you won’t need to worry about unexpected rain ruining your look. Your hairstyle will maintain its shape and won’t become sticky. Unlike many similar alternatives, this cosmetic product doesn’t stiffen the curls or make them feel rigid. It delicately binds strands together while maintaining a natural appearance.
Steps for using hair pomade:
- Wash your hair.
- Dry it with a hair dryer, giving it the desired direction and volume.
- Take a small amount of the product (about the size of a pea) and rub it between your palms.
- Apply the product to desired areas using your fingers and palms, such as the roots or tips of your hair.
- If needed, use a bit more product, rub it between your palms again, and apply.
Before shaping your hairstyle, it’s advisable to get dressed and apply makeup. This way, you won’t accidentally ruin your hairstyle.