Hair Powder for Men: How to Create Volume at the Roots
Only ladies know how to stand for hours at the mirror, straightening each strand, creating volume at the roots, or making curls. Men don’t need curls or perfectly smooth hair. They want to have voluminous hair. For a man, the main thing is the speed and simplicity of creating a voluminous hairstyle. The ideal product for this is hair powder for men. It visually resembles baby powder and is suitable for curls of any color and type.
Advantages of hair powder for men:
- Ease and speed of use. The whole process takes 3-5 minutes.
- The hair doesn’t get heavier. The powder isn’t visible on dark hair.
- The hair styling lasts 24 hours.
- You can wash it out with water and shampoo in a matter of seconds.
- The hairs don’t stick together and don’t look greasy.
- The headdress won’t harm your hairstyle, and the strands will remain pliable.
With the help of this product, you can give your curls an interesting shade — blue, purple, or green if you buy a powder of a certain color. Applying a lot of this product will make your hair look less fresh. However, it can be washed out quickly and easily. Simply apply shampoo a couple of times and rinse your hair. If you lack time to wash your hair before styling, you can apply the powder to dirty hair, but it will look matte. For those with thin, sparse, or weakened hair, powder is an indispensable styling product.
How to use powder for men to create volume at the roots:
- Wash and dry your hair. Make a parting in the place where you want more volume, usually in the center of the head.
- Apply a small amount of powder to your dry palm. Rub it into the root zone at the parting point. When the powder gets on the skin, it becomes softer and envelops each strand at the root, increasing its volume.
- Make a new parting 3-5 cm away from the previous one and rub in the next portion. Repeat the procedure several times until your hair has the desired volume.
- Adjust your hair with your fingers, avoiding the use of a comb or brush.
This product has one drawback – it can dry the scalp and hair. However, you can easily eliminate this disadvantage by using a moisturizing balm after each wash. Avoid combing your hair after applying the powder, as this will cause the desired effect to disappear. Since men’s hairstyles are usually short, a small amount of hair powder will be required for each styling. The longer the hair, the more product you’ll need.