How to Enlarge Your Eyes Without Makeup
Expressive big eyes can’t help but attract attention. It’s easy to make them look bigger with the help of decorative cosmetics, but it takes time and skill. In the morning, you have to apply makeup, and in the evening, you need to remove eye shadow, mascara, and eyeliner. However, you can visually enlarge your eyes without using decorative cosmetics or resorting to plastic surgery. One option is tattooing or permanent makeup, but this procedure is painful and available only in selected population centers.
Here are some ways to enlarge your eyes without makeup:
- Eyelash Extensions: Consider getting eyelash extensions—a simple procedure lasting 2-4 hours that requires touch-ups every 2-3 weeks. With thick, curled eyelashes, you can achieve the appearance of bigger eyes without relying on decorative cosmetics. Keep in mind not to rub or scratch your eyelids, and be cautious while washing your face and sleeping to maintain the extensions.
- Colored Lenses: Opt for lenses with saturated colors and a larger diameter. The bigger the diameter and the deeper the color, the larger your eyes will appear. If you have poor eyesight, colored lenses can serve a dual purpose by correcting your vision while making your eyes look bigger. Remember that the service life of colored lenses is limited due to poor oxygen permeability.
- Eye Massage: Perform a special eye massage twice daily to relax your eye muscles and reduce strain. Press the corners of your eyes with the pads of your fingers and close them forcefully ten times in a row. Make circular movements with your pupils, first to the left and then to the right. After the massage, pat your fingers on the skin with a moisturizer and shift your gaze between close and distant objects. For added relaxation, place fresh cucumber slices on your eyelids.
- Diuretic Consumption: Drinking a diuretic once every 1-2 weeks can help reduce facial puffiness, making your eyes appear larger. Edema caused by certain diseases, particularly heart, kidney, and endocrine disorders, can make your eyes seem small and your eyelids droop. The diuretic helps eliminate excess fluid, leaving you feeling lighter and enhancing the appearance of your eyes. However, always consult a healthcare professional before incorporating diuretics into your routine.
If eyelash extensions aren’t suitable for you, try using an eyelash curler. Position it close to the roots of your lashes without touching the skin. Rotate the curler to match the arc of your eye and close it tightly. Then, grab the eyelashes closer to the middle and repeat the process. After curling, you can apply two layers of volumizing mascara for an extra boost.
Additionally, there are unspoken rules to follow for bigger eyes without makeup. Maintain a consistent daily schedule and lead a healthy lifestyle to achieve this goal. Properly caring for your skin will give it a peachy hue and reduce swelling.
Here’s what you can do to make your eyes appear bigger:
- Wear sunglasses on sunny days to protect your eyes and minimize squinting.
- Apply moisturizers to your eyelids both in the morning and evening to keep them hydrated.
- Get enough sleep on a low, comfortable pillow to reduce puffiness and dark circles.
- Consume a healthy diet for overall well-being, which can also improve your skin color.
- Avoid drinking tea or coffee two hours before bedtime and reduce water intake in the afternoon to prevent morning puffiness.
To safeguard your vision and prevent wrinkles and bruises on your eyelids, reduce your time spent at the computer. Moreover, ensure your eyebrows are groomed to avoid them being overly fluffy or wide, as they play a significant role in framing your eyes.