How to fix yellow hair after coloring
Only blonde women know that finding the right hair dye type and shade is a challenge. It’s important to color your roots well and prevent your hair from turning yellow after bleaching.
Having tested dozens of hair dye types from different producers, you can find a couple of suitable ones. However, the yellow tone can still appear even if you use the same product every single time.
Reasons your hair can turn yellow after bleaching:
- The hair was overly dirty and greasy before the procedure.
- The hair dye has low quality.
- The pigment wasn’t fully neutralized.
- Your strands were dry, lifeless and with split ends before the procedure. You shouldn’t bleach them in this case.
- Your hair was dyed with dark colors before bleaching.
- There were mistakes in the bleaching process.
- Tap water is hard, so it can turn your hair yellow some time after bleaching.
Those girls that dye their hair with cool blonde shades often have the yellow tone problem. Sometimes it can appear after spending much time in the sun in summer. UV rays are harmful for your hair, so you need to use sunscreens or wear a sun hat.
Ways to remove yellow tones:
- Re-dye your hair with a less damaging ammonia-free product. Before that, it would be better to strengthen it using masks for repairing damage.
- Don’t use low-quality dyes produced by unknown companies. You should choose reliable products that have stood the test of time.
- Use a toner or color-correcting shampoo to neutralize the tints of yellow. There are multiple products on the market for that.
- Use a mask that consists of 50 ml of kefir and 30 ml of fresh lemon juice. Apply it for 30 minutes after you wash your hair.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of honey in a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Combine it with 20 g of beeswax and 2 tablespoons of conditioner. Apply the mask for an hour, rinse it thoroughly with water.
- Rinse your hair with a chamomile decoction and vinegar twice a week. You’ll need 100 g of dried chamomile flowers and 1 liter of water. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar after the decoction cools.
Your hair will never get yellow if you find an experienced colorist and do this procedure in a beauty salon. They use only high-quality professional cosmetic products.