How to get a flat stomach at home?
Healthy lifestyle is growing more popular with each passing day. Both young and elderly people seek to be physically fit nowadays. And for the latter, it’s particularly important.
For some of us, a desire to get rid of tummy fat serves as a motivation for adopting a healthy way of life. It’s not uncommon for such persons to opt for home-based exercises on the way to the acquisition of a flat and elastic stomach.
If you also would like to get in shape at home without resorting to the assistance of professionals, you might want to learn about some nuances that will help you not to violate the science-based principles of healthy weight reduction.
People mistakenly believe that they can remove unwanted excess fat form their stomach only thanks to physical activity.
However, this is far from the case, since you can only tighten up a tummy by adopting an integrated approach to this task that includes balanced nutrition, drinking a sufficient amount of water, training, etc. We will bring you more on that later. But first let’s find out why our bodies accumulate fat.
The reasons for the accumulation of stomach and flank fat
Problem areas, in which fat builds up, may arise unexpectedly. They may emerge under the influence of various individual factors. In some cases, the exact cause of fat accumulation can only be determined by specialists. These are just a few things that lead to weight gain:
A lot of processes occurring in a human body are being disrupted when you are under stress.
- Various diseases
Diabetes mellitus or the disturbances of the cardiovascular system may also be a reason for the emergence of fat deposits.
- Hormonal imbalance
This problem is more common in women than in men. It may result from taking oral contraceptives or may be caused by thyroid diseases.
- Slowed metabolism
This problem is typical for men and women over the age of 30. It’s during this period that metabolic processes slow down.
Surely, getting rid of belly fat will take some time. Yet, if you’re resolute to get a flat stomach, then you need to implement the following recommendations, and they will bring you closer to the cherished goal:
- Drink no less than 2 liters of water per day. The acceptable daily intake of water is calculated based on the ratio of 30 ml of water per 1 kilogram of body weight.
- Reduce a portion size. Divide your plate in half. Put vegetables in one half of the plate. The other half should be set aside for complex carbohydrates, protein and low-fat meat.
- Practice the kinds of sports that bring you satisfaction. Don’t do exercises that evoke negative emotions or cause physical discomfort.
You should also keep in mind that excess weight may become a reason for injuries during the training, since it increases the pressure on joints and lower back. That’s why obese people need to be guided by weight loss programs developed by specialists.
- Quit bad eating habits such as adding a lot of salt to your food, putting a great amount of vegetable oil or fat in a frying pan and eating semi-finished products.
- Quit drinking flavored carbonated beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Improve metabolism by eating fermented milk products and ginger.
- Clean your organism of toxins using cabbage, cinnamon and cucumbers.
- Reduce gluten intake. It belongs to substances that aren’t metabolized appropriately. Gluten can make you feel bloated. Moreover, it causes physical discomfort, abdominal distention and in some cases even diarrhea.
This substance is contained in the following products: bread, pastry, sausages, canned food, sweet things, yogurt, beer, ice-cream, etc.
Of course, it’s not easy to lose weight and get a flat stomach in no time, since your fat deposits have probably been piled up for years. You should realize that it can take a while before you slim down. It’s a lengthy process that requires a lot of strength and patience.
That’s why you should consider adopting a complex approach based on tips mentioned above and move towards your aim gradually and with pleasure.