How to Reduce the Oiliness of the Skin
Oily skin looks glossy and may acquire a greasy type of shine- even at a comfortable room temperature, . If it’s hot outside or indoors, the process tends to accelerate. When you touch your skin with your fingers, you can feel it has a sticky, slippery layer. This is the sebaceous secretion produced by your glands. This active process of the sebaceous glands leads to the formation of acne and blackheads.
Here are the reasons for your skin being covered with sebaceous secretions all the time:
- Hormonal surge, especially noticeable in adolescence
- Frequent use of alcohol-containing products, peelings, scrubs or other aggressive cosmetics for cleansing the skin
- Genetic predisposition inherited from your parents
- Poor nutrition — some popular products provoke increased sebum production
- Poor care, including insufficient cleansing or moisturizing
It’s impossible to reduce the oiliness of the skin if your parents suffer from the same problem. In this case you can conceal the shine with cosmetics and temporarily eliminate it through various means.
How to conceal the oiliness of your skin with cosmetics:
- Choose a cleanser that doesn’t dry out your skin. There should be no alcohol in it. Wash your face in the morning and in the evening by taking great care of every part of your skin.
- Moisten the surface of your skin as frequently as possible.
- Wipe your face with milk or tonic that has a seboregulating effect.
- Apply a matting base under your cosmetics or use a matting foundation.
You shouldn’t use oily creams or masks. Light creams and gels with a moisturizing effect will help you reduce the oiliness of your skin. Zinc ointment allows you to dry acne rashes and relieve inflammation. Silicon-based products will reduce the production of sebum by the sebaceous glands. Glycerin-based products will retain moisture.
How to reduce the oiliness of your skin:
- Take a look at your diet. If it contains sweets, sugar and flour products then you should minimize such consumption.
- Wash your face with cool water, using gel or foam twice per day.
- Buy high-quality care cosmetics instead of products from the closest market located next to your home.
- Avoid taking medications without a prescription. Some medications have a detrimental effect on the condition of your skin, hair and nails.
- If you have problems with your digestive tract, undergo an examination. Your general condition and appearance depend on how your stomach and intestines operate.
- Don’t be zealous with cleansing, especially with abrasive cosmetics. Peelings and scrubs should be applied once every 1-2 weeks.
It’s useless to fight against oily skin in your adolescence. Rashes will appear until the hormonal background returns to normal. However, proper care is essential — otherwise, post-acne scars will form.