How to Take Care of Your Eyebrows after Dying Them
Ladies prefer not to manage their eyebrows on their own but instead entrust this procedure to an eyebrow specialist. The specialist shapes, directs, and colors the eyebrows to the desired effect, opting for a shade slightly lighter or darker than the hair color on the head. Henna, basma, or specialized dyes can be used to tint the brows. To prevent the color from fading too quickly, proper eyebrow care is essential.
Here’s how to take care of your eyebrows after dying them with basma or henna:
- When washing your face, avoid vigorously rubbing your eyebrows with a washcloth, scrub, or your hands. Avoid using tonics containing alcohol to cleanse your face.
- Opt for a brush with medium hardness when combing your eyebrows, avoiding hard brushes.
- Before bedtime, gently massage the eyebrow area with your fingertips, using gentle and soft movements.
- Apply cosmetic or vegetable oil daily to strengthen the hairs, maintain a fresh shade, and nourish the hair follicles.
- Protect your eyebrows from sunlight, and if sunbathing in a tanning salon, cover them to prevent fading.
- Avoid using waterproof decorative cosmetics, as they can be challenging to remove.
Daily eyebrow care, especially for those who frequent saunas, steam baths, or swimming pools, is crucial since the humidity in these environments can cause the dye to fade quickly, necessitating more frequent touch-ups.
How to take care of your eyebrows after coloring them with a special dye:
- Avoid washing your face during the first day after the procedure. Do not apply cream to your face. Wear a hat with a visor or a wide brim to shield your brows from the sun. Allow time for the pigment to set.
- Refrain from using peeling or scrub products for cleansing. Avoid facial masks that contain ingredients like lemon juice, hydrogen peroxide, or other hair-lightening agents.
- Comb your brows in the direction of hair growth. In the morning, style them by applying a layer of transparent fixing gel. This gel helps the pigment last longer.
- Periodically cleanse your eyebrows with a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar in a 5:1 ratio. This will enhance the shine and refresh the shade of your eyebrows. During the procedure, ensure that the mixture does not come into contact with your eyes.
The dye on the hair strands typically lasts from 1 to 1.5 months. If you have dry skin, the dye may last even longer. Over time, some of the dye may wash off from the eyebrows, resulting in uneven tones. In such cases, you can use a gel containing pigment to maintain a consistent appearance.