Oatmeal for Your Skin: How to Use It Properly
The shelves of shops are full of decorative cosmetics. Nevertheless, natural skin care products are becoming more and more relevant. The secret lies in people’s desire to use cosmetics that lack large amounts of additives as well as in their unwillingness to overpay for beautiful bottles. Oatmeal is a wholesome natural product that can be used to eliminate cosmetic defects. Its flakes are available in every store, so it’s easy to prepare a mask, a scrub or a cleanser with your own hands.
Benefits of washing your face with oatmeal:
- Get rid of greasy shine and prevent active fat production
- Relieve inflammatory processes
- Exfoliate dead cells and accelerate regeneration
- Eliminate pigmentation, smooth the skin and reduce wrinkles
- Improve the complexion and give a velvety feel to the skin
The procedure doesn’t provide an instant effect. You should wash your face with oatmeal every day. Then, in 1-2 weeks, you’ll be able to notice a positive effect. First, remove the decorative cosmetics from your face and only then, apply oatmeal.
How to wash your face with oatmeal:
- Grind 2 tbs of flakes to a powdery state. You can do this with a blender or a coffee grinder.
- Pour the powder into a small wide container. Add 2 tbsp of hot water with a temperature of about +50°C. Leave the mass for a couple of minutes to form a warm gruel.
- Wash your face with warm water. Apply the gruel on the wet skin surface, massaging it with your fingertips for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse the oat with cool water. Wipe the skin with a napkin.
In the process of washing your face with oatmeal, you shouldn’t put strong pressure on your skin or rub it. Your movements should be light — otherwise, there will be flaky areas and redness. At the end of the procedure, you won’t experience a feeling of tightness, which is ideal for people with dry and mixed skin. You can use flakes to make masks.
How to make a face mask from oat flakes:
- Mix 5 tsp of crushed flakes with 30 ml of tomato juice. Apply to the skin and leave for 10 minutes.
- Pour 50 ml of hot milk over the whole flakes. In 10 minutes, apply the gruel on your face surface. Rinse it off in 15 minutes.
- Mash half a banana with a fork. Add 1 tbs of crushed flakes. Apply the mask for 15 minutes.
You can mix oatmeal with honey, avocado, egg yolk, grapes and even strawberries. Additional ingredients should be selected according to your skin type. To eliminate age-related changes, nutritional components are added to the product: cream, sour cream or honey. To whiten the skin, add lemon or cucumber juice to the gruel.