Tired of Washing Your Hair Every Day? Do This Instead
Washing the hair every morning isn’t a pleasant activity for many women. It can take a lot of time and even cause some discomfort. If you wash your hair right before leaving the house, it will likely get greasy by lunchtime, making you irritable and conscious about your appearance.
Why Your Hair Gets Dirty So Fast
- Using hot water while washing.
- Using the wrong kind of beauty products.
- Washing too often.
- Excessive combing or touching your curls every few minutes.
- Using hot air for drying.
- Braiding or combing your hair too tightly.
Your hair can get greasy fast, if your body lacks certain vitamins and minerals or has a hormonal imbalance. Stress and hereditary conditions can also contribute to the way your hair looks. But if you take proper care of your nutritional needs and keep your hormones in balance, then the main reason for issues with your hair is improper care.
How To Fix Dirty Hair Easily
- Use warm water for washing, avoid using hot water. The last rinse should be cool, almost room temperature.
- Stop running your fingers through your hair all the time, avoid touching your head. Wash your brushes and combs 1-2 times a week. Comb your hair if necessary, but no more than three times a day. Do not start combing all the way from the roots. Brush your curls, starting at the middle of the hair length.
- Dry your hair naturally, avoid using the dryer. If you need to leave the house right after washing your hair and have to use the dryer, turn on the cooling mode.
- Use dry shampoo in between washing and other hair procedures, if your head gets greasy too fast. If there is no dry shampoo available, baby powder will do. Fair-haired people can try using starch. Cocoa powder is an option for black and brown hair.
- Add a little salt to the water before rinsing your hair to protect it from becoming greasy and dirty in just a few hours. You will need 2 liters of water mixed with 2 teaspoons of regular table salt.
- Avoid washing your hair too often by gradually increasing the time between procedures. First, you can stop washing your hair on weekends, then start washing it every other day, and after that, once every 3 days.
Tight, slicked back hairstyles are an easy option for busy women that helps avoid washing your hair every morning. If your loose curls look greasy, braid or put them in a ponytail or a stylish bun. There are dozens of popular looks that you can create using hairpins, elastic bands, and headbands.