Ways to Quickly Whiten Your Nails at Home
Achieving smooth, glossy nails with dazzling white tips requires regular care. Manicure tools can help make your nail plates smooth, while at-home remedies can whiten yellowed surfaces. Yellowing may result from fungal diseases, smoking, nutrient deficiencies, or chronic illnesses. To maintain snow-white tips, perform whitening procedures twice weekly, as nails’ color changes over time.
Factors contributing to yellowing:
- Fungal diseases, evident through thickening and yellowing accompanied by flaking skin.
- Smoking, as a detrimental habit, affects not only your complexion but also your nails and overall health.
- Nutrient deficiencies play a role, impacting nails due to insufficient essential vitamins and elements.
- Additionally, chronic diseases and acute infectious conditions can contribute to the yellowing phenomenon.
- The use of subpar varnishes, coupled with the omission of a base coat before applying colored polish, can also affect the color of your nails.
While achieving permanent at-home nail whitening may be challenging due to color fluctuations during growth, sustaining snow-white tips is possible by conducting whitening procedures twice a week.
For swift nail whitening, consider the following methods:
- Mix menthol toothpaste with warm water, allowing fingertips to soak for 5-7 minutes.
- Combine 1 tsp of soda and 1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide, applying the mixture with a brush and rinsing after 10 minutes.
- Soak cotton sponges in lemon juice, placing them on the nail plate for 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Dissolve 0.5 tsp of citric acid in warm water, dipping the tips of your nails into the solution for 5 minutes.
- Scrape household soap under your nails, immerse your hands in warm water for 5 minutes, and then rinse off the soap.
Furthermore, to safeguard against color loss in both your nail plates and skin, consider wearing rubber gloves while cleaning and cooking. This precautionary measure can significantly contribute to maintaining the vibrancy of your nails and promoting overall nail health.