What to Do to Prevent Skin from Losing Elasticity After You Turn 35 Years Old
Contemplating the potential onset of future wrinkles and sagging skin is crucial, even from a young age. The elasticity of your skin hinges significantly on how well you care for it and the lifestyle choices you make. Failure to prioritize this aspect of self-care can result in weakened turgor, a sagging chin, and the formation of folds, issues that often necessitate correction through plastic surgery.
Factors contributing to the loss of skin elasticity after the age of 35 include:
- Reduced hormone production, crucial for the synthesis of elastin and collagen.
- Slower blood circulation.
- Disrupted metabolism in skin cells.
- Decreased sebum production.
- Overloaded lymphatic system.
- Deterioration of nerve endings and blood vessels.
Over the years, the skin’s ability to retain moisture diminishes, rendering it inelastic and fragile. While age-related changes can initiate before the age of 30, noticeable sagging typically becomes apparent after turning 35. This manifests as cheeks sliding down, an uneven face oval, and the emergence of a double chin and jowls. Fortunately, the process of elasticity loss can be delayed with proper care and lifestyle choices.
To maintain skin elasticity, consider the following measures:
- Dietary Choices: Avoiding harmful foods such as salty, fatty, sweet, and flour-based products is crucial. Opt for foods rich in fiber, vitamins, and trace elements.
- Lifestyle Habits: Quit smoking, ensure you get sufficient sleep to facilitate the body’s recovery process, and engage in regular physical activity.
- Hydration: Consume at least 2 liters of water daily, opting for regular drinking water over sweetened sodas. In hotter weather, increase your water intake to 2.5-3 liters.
- Sun Protection: Shield your skin from direct sunlight by wearing appropriate clothing, headwear, and sunglasses.
- Physical Activity: Prioritize movement; consider walking to your place of work and back home instead of relying on public transport.
- Skincare Routine: Prevent skin dryness by using moisturizing cosmetics. Cleanse your skin in the morning and evening and nourish it with masks and creams. Maintain humidity in your bedroom during both heating and summer seasons.
- Quality Cosmetics: Select high-quality anti-aging skincare products to support your skin’s elasticity.
You can identify the initial signs of aging by examining your reflection. Drooping eyebrows, corners of the lips, a pronounced nasolabial fold, and a visible second chin indicate that the aging process has begun. Assess skin elasticity by gently pinching the under-eye area; if the skin quickly returns to its initial state, it is maintaining its elasticity.