Which Fruits and Vegetables Can Be Used to Make Facial Masks
Fresh fruits and vegetables are good for your body if you eat them every day. They’re beneficial for both your appearance and general health. If you make facial masks from fresh vegetables and fruits, you’ll be able to solve a lot of cosmetic problems, such as removing age spots, smoothing out fine wrinkles and increasing the elasticity of your skin. You just need to know which products to use and how to do it properly.
Which fruits and vegetables can be used to make masks for the skin on your face:
- Potatoes. Potato juice drives down irritation, keeps the skin toned and whitens it. To make a mask, peel one potato, grate it and add an egg yolk to it. Apply the resulting gruel to your face for 15 minutes and wash it off with cool water.
- Cucumber. This watery vegetable tones up, moisturizes and soothes the skin as well as helps to get rid of bruises under the eyes. Wash a small elastic cucumber and cut it into thin circles, leaving a thick back. First, wipe your whole face with that back part. Then, cover the skin with cucumber circles, placing them as close to each other as possible. Cut two circles in halves and place them under your eyes. Leave the mask for 10 minutes, then moisturize the skin with a cream.
- Banana. Even though it’s an imported fruit, it’s always available in stores. Banana softens, nourishes and saturates the skin with useful substances. Put this ripe soft fruit in a bowl and pulpify it with a fork. Apply the resulting mass on your skin for 30 minutes. Then, remove it with a napkin from your face.
- Watermelon. This summer fruit prevents sunburns, nourishes the skin with water and vitamins, facilitates its regeneration and improves its color. Pulpify a piece of this fruit with a fork and mix it with bits of dried rye bread. When the bread gets soaked, apply it to your face for 10-15 minutes. The watermelon mask is not suitable for ladies who have wounds, scratches and rosacea on their faces.
- Carrots. This root crop cleanses the skin, eliminates skin flaking, spots and inflammation and also refreshes the face. Grate this juicy vegetable on a fine grater and mixed it with 1-2 tsp of flour. Apply the resulting gruel on your skin for 15 minutes. Then, rinse your face with cold water and moisturize it with a cream.
- Grapes. The grape mask eliminates wrinkles, restores skin elasticity, nourishes the skin and moisturizes it. Pulpify several large berries with a fork. Pour the resulting juice into 3 tbs of crushed oat flakes and thoroughly mix it. Apply a thick layer of the product to your skin. After 20 minutes, remove it with a napkin and rinse your face.
Self-made facial masks made of vegetables and fruits lack harmful additives and are easy to “cook”. You always have the right ingredients for them in your refrigerator.